But recently, my nieces and nephews have been posting things on Facebook and I admit - I've now become almost addicted. I like to check up on them and see how they're doing. Have I mentioned that I have the cutest, smartest, most handsome, best nieces and nephews in the world? Well, they are - just in case you forgot. :)
So today when I was looking to see what they were up to, this is what Zach had posted:
"So I was thinking today while I was running, "Man, rember back in the good ole days when I could run three miles in 15 minutes?" Then it occured to me... in a year or so I will look back on today as "the good ole days" when I could get up every morning and run to the river, sit there for however long I want then go back home..... Man, I'm LIVING the good old days!"
Zach "LIVING the good old days. " :)
Man, I love that kid. How did he get so wise at only 16? I so appreciate the things all my nieces and nephews can teach me. The things they've learned from their parents and others who influence their lives.
So as Zach reminded me, as I finish up my time in Israel. I'm going to remember that I'm "living the good ole days." The days when I can enjoy not being the person who is actually responsible - being only a student whose responsibility is to learn. What a gift that is!
Getting ready for surgery
"Waiting with friends" which sometimes feels like the national past-time
No comments:
Post a Comment